Saturday 20 February 2021

Saturday 20th February

We went into a prolonged cold snap that produced heavy snow, the last of which lingered until the middle of this week.  For around ten days, I only managed short walks around the village or in the woods. 

This wasn't much good for birdwatching beyond enticing the red kites to show themselves closer to the village than normal.  When I finally did manage a bike ride (which was almost ended by encountering a car stuck on a side road) a couple of buzzards were seen hanging around close to farms as well as a bullfinch in a hedgerow.

Since the snow cleared it has felt distinctly like the run-in to Spring and I did manage to achieve one minor target.

For a while I've been trying to get a photo of the group long-tailed tits that occasionally make a quick raid on the feeders in the garden without success.  The other day I tried video with better results:

On a first garden tidy up of the year I noticed the first flowers of the season - a small bunch of crocuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment