Sunday 13 March 2022

Staying at home..

Just I was starting to relax a little bit I got Covid and annoyingly could not accompany Alex and Vicki on their visit to Leighton Moss where they got good sightings of marsh harriers and booming bitterns.

I had to put up with more modest fare in the back garden.

Quite amusing was the antics of this squirrel, which attempted to shin up the plum tree but was put off several times when the chicken carcass that was on offer started to flap around in a threatening manner.  Then followed a period of unsure meanderings on the decking before it managed to pluck up courage again.

Squirrel chickens out

Almost immediately afterwards, a male blackcap turned up in the tree but I failed to let it settle before getting excited and it was off again straight away.

A couple of days before this had happened two male nuthatches visited the feeders together, which struck me as slightly odd but they also departed sharply, as did the jay that briefly landed on the back fence.

One more consistent visitor has been a thrush who has been showing some interest in the results of my garden tidy up.

Thrush

I'm thinking it's a song thrush.

So far there has been no sign of any bees or butterflies.

I should get out more but of course it's not advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment