Tuesday 26 July 2022

Dolomites: Scenery and Unidentified Flying Objects

Some leftovers and afterthoughts on my recent holiday...

Firstly it wouldn't be fair to finish without some sort of tribute to the fantastic scenery, so here's a little sequence of different views we  experienced over the week.  One of the slides is of the Marmolade glacier. where there had been a recent unfortunate tragedy leading to several fatalities:


Obviously this isn't a scientific journal but I do try to identify species as accurately as possible and no doubt get things wrong from time to time.  Here is a selection of items that, for whatever reason, I didn't manage to name with any certainty:

Please feel free to add a comment below if you have any of the answers, or disagree with ant of the identifications I have made on other posts over the last couple of weeks.   I'm sure I should have done better with the butterflies at least.

Still to sort out are the moths we saw in the moth trap on days one and two as I'm going to move on to other themes just now.  I imagine myself going through all the moths later on a winter's day but maybe it needs to be sooner than that before I forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment